Are you ready for an amazing summer at EYCC?
We can't wait for summer! This year's Everglades Youth Conservation Camp sleepaway programs will delight, educate, and inspire campers with nine different programs for 3rd-8th graders, all designed to foster awareness of Florida’s wildlife and habitats, conservation, sustainability, and to teach and improve outdoor recreation skills. Along with special program activities, all campers also participate in swimming, archery, fishing, and paddle sports.
Everglades Youth Conservation Camp (EYCC) is a residential (sleep away) summer camp. All programs begin each week on Sunday and conclude Friday. Check-in is 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Check-out is 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Campers can register for up to three weeks of camp; however, the weeks of attendance may not be consecutive.
2023 Summer Camp Orientation
Camp Orientations are for families new to the Everglades Camp experience. Orientations take about two hours and include a presentation about the programs and a tour of the facility. Orientations are not required for registration but are strongly recommended. Please email to register for an orientation session: Dawn.Herron@MyFWC.com.
2023 Orientation Dates coming soon!
2023 Summer Camp Schedule
Summer 2023 camp schedule coming soon! Registration will open February 1, 2023.
Summer Camp TuitionBasic camp tuition in 2022 is $375 per child per week. (Sorry, we are not able to offer a discounted rate for multiple children or multiple weeks of attendance.) Tuition includes meals, lodging, program materials, and minor accident insurance (secondary policy only). These programs have an additional fee:
- Anglers Plus: $50
- Seafarers: $120
- Mariners: $50
- Eco-Equestrian: $215 (Temporarily closed. Please see program information below for more details.)
Camp tuition and activity fees are written as separate checks. Checks for camp tuition are made to FWC; activity fees are made to FWFF.
Summer Camp Registration
- Online registration opens February 1st, 2023 and is based on grade completed in the Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 academic year.
After February 1st, once you have registered your child for a specific program, a camp staff member will contact you with further information and payment instructions. As always, summer camp is filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please make sure to select week(s) of camp that do not interfere with your vacation plans, flights, or sport events. Drop-off is from 3 to 5 p.m. on Sundays and will not be altered for any reason. Pick up is on Friday from 3 to 5 p.m. Parents will be sent a drop-off schedule.
- Children can be registered for one program per week. EYCC does not allow children to be registered for more than 3 weeks and the weeks may not be consecutive.
- You will need to show proof of your child’s grade level by sending in a copy of your child’s last report card or another document from the school indicating your child’s grade level. After completing your online registration, any additional documents can be emailed to Dawn.Herron@MyFWC.com or mailed to Everglades Youth Conservation Camp 12100 Seminole Pratt Whitney Road West Palm Beach, FL 33412.
Summer Camp Programs
Our programs are designed to provide campers with a different outdoor experience throughout their years at EYCC. Campers spend about 3 to 4 hours each day engaged in program activities with the rest of the day allotted to general outdoor skill activities including swimming, paddle sports, fishing, and archery. You will be able to select one program per week for your camper within the online registration portal. Program selection is based on your child’s grade level for the 2022- 2023 school year.
*Programs marked with an asterisk require an additional camp fee.
Eco-Equestrian (3rd-8th grade) *Additional camp fee of $215
Horsemanship provides a unique opportunity to develop skills such as responsibility, leadership, teamwork, compassionate assertiveness, and self-reliance. Our horse program is filled with fun and excitement for the beginner to the more advanced rider. The focus will be horses: riding lessons, trail rides, and horse care. This will be an off-site morning adventure for the campers each day with an afternoon of recreational activities at EYCC.
Wildlife Adventurers (3rd-5th grade)
Become aware and appreciate south Florida’s unique upland ecosystems by exploring as a scientist. Campers participate in a variety of environmental games, activities, and crafts to discover the mysteries of our natural world.
Wetland Wanderers (3rd-5th grade)
Drizzle, drop, soak, drink and sip! All living things need water to grow and exist. Campers will discover the wonders of our wetlands and other water bodies around us though hands-on experiences. Hiking through the marshes, dip netting, and freshwater experiments are just part of the wetland wanderer’s adventure.
Anglers (4th-5th grade)
Come cast a line with us! Campers participate in our fishing and boating program. This program provides valuable instruction on fish and fish habitats, teaches various fishing techniques, and cultivates a new generation of responsible anglers. All aspects of fishing are covered. Jon boats with electric motors will be used to explore areas of our ponds not accessible to shoreline fishing.
Anglers Plus (6th-8th grade) *Additional camp fee of $50
Anglers plus is a step up from our anglers’ program. This program will focus on bass fishing skills. and campers will go on half day excursions to different freshwater fishing sites.
Seafarers (6th-8th grade)*Additional camp fee of $120
Our seafarer’s program is an introduction to the basics of saltwater fishing. This program includes fishing trips to different sites including a charter boat, the Jupiter peer, and blue heron bridge.
Mariners (7th-8th grade)*Additional camp fee of $50
The mariner’s program is a marine biology/ecology program. Campers will learn about these subjects through interactive games and immersive experiences including explorations of peanut island, blue heron bridge, MacArthur Beach State Park, and the Loggerhead Marine Life Center.
Explorers (5th-6th grade)
This immersive program covers basic camping and survival skills. The Explorers program provides campers with an opportunity to explore and participate in an overnight wilderness camping experience.
Pathfinders (6th-8th grade)
Become certified in hunter safety! Campers participate in the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s Hunter Safety Certification program. The program includes learning about outdoor ethics, wildlife conservation, habitats, wild game, and hunting skills. Classes are led by a certified hunter safety instructor in a controlled environment. Pathfinders are instructed and supervised in the use of shotgun, muzzleloaders, .22 rifles, and archery. Successful course completion awards campers the FWC Hunter Safety Certification Card.
2022 Refund Policy(Please make sure to select week(s) of camp that do not interfere with your vacation plans, flights, or sport events.)
- All refund requests must be made in writing and must arrive no later than one week prior to your child's first day of camp.
- If the request for refund is received prior to June 1st, a $50 processing fee will be assessed per week your camper was registered.
- All refund requests after June 1st will be subject to an automatic 50% refund only.
- If you request a refund for a medical reason, it must be accompanied by medical documentation.
- Refunds are not made when campers are sent home for disciplinary reasons or if a camper or parent chooses to leave for reasons other than illness.
Have more questions? Check out our handy Summer Camp Parent Information Packet for lots more information!